NIST SP 800-53 is a collection of security controls and assessment procedures that both U.S. Federal and non-governmental organizations can apply to their information systems, policies, and procedures. Based upon the environment’s assessed impact level, prescribed controls can and should be implemented to protect the integrity of the organization’s information systems.
The goal is to protect organizational operations, assets, and individuals from a diverse set of threats including: hostile cyber attacks, natural disasters, structural failures, and human errors.
Customers frequently ask us about how Twistlock maps to NIST SP 800-53. As a result, we are officially sharing the Twistlock mappings for this special publication. Download the document and learn more about:
- Key considerations for access control to ensure proper authentication and account management
- Proper auditing and compliance using Twistlock pre-built compliance templates, Compliance Explorer, and syslog integration
- How Twistlock provides satisfactory security assessments
- And more including identification and authentication, risk assessment, and system and communication protection.
Related NIST Posts:
- Companion Guide to NIST SP 800-190 on Container Security
- Twistlock and the U.S. Government: Compliance and Beyond