When we started Twistlock in 2015, the opportunity at hand was containers, and our mission was simple – provide security for containerized applications, and allow developers to focus on what they do best. Fast forward to today, and containers are just a small slice of the pie. As more and more organizations migrate to cloud native, it’s just as likely for that journey to begin with serverless functions, devops usage of VMs, or CaaS platforms like AWS Fargate than with traditional containers.
This rapidly evolving cloud native continuum represents an opportunity to restructure how security is done – taking the best of DevOps and apply it to application security tools and practices in order to deliver stronger defense than ever before possible.
The Twistlock platform replaces multiple outdated layers of security – from standalone vulnerability assessment tools that force developers to read CVEs in CSVs, to application firewalls that require static configuration and updates with every build. Twistlock unifies protection in a single, cloud native cybersecurity platform, one that integrates across the application lifecycle and delivers automated protection at all layers of the stack.
Three years ago this approach was unheard of; Today, hundreds of customers across the globe trust the Twistlock platform to simplify and automate their container, serverless, and cloud native security – and deliver modern protection for modern applications.
All of this has led to my announcement today. I’m thrilled to share that we’ve raised a $33M Series C Funding Round led by ICONIQ Capital, with participation from our existing investors YL Ventures, TenEleven, Rally Ventures, Polaris Partners and Dell Technologies Capital. This brings Twistlock’s total funding to $63 million, a leading number in the cloud native ecosystem. This round both validates the successes we’ve had to date, and unlocks the next wave of innovation and growth.
So what’s next for Twistlock?
We’ve gotten to where we are because of our customers, because of the trust (and sometimes even love) that DevOps teams and Security teams have for the Twistlock Platform.
What’s next is simple – we plan to use that money to continue to earn that trust every day.
- Investing in product innovation to continue to protect the ever growing cloud native continuum
- Deepening the controls and visibility Twistlock provides to ensure compliance in the most regulated environments
- Expanding our customer success and solution engineering teams to help our customers easily deploy, integrate and scale the Twistlock platform
- Building upon the Twistlock Advantage Program by working jointly with partners to make it easy for customers to see the benefits of a cloud native approach to security
- Scaling out our sales, marketing and operations teams to help organizations worldwide adopt Twistlock swiftly and simply
I couldn’t be more proud or more thankful for how far we’ve come in the past three years, and I can’t be more excited to continue the journey.
Ben Bernstein, CEO
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter for real time updates on the cloud native ecosystem, Twistlock product, and cloud native security threats.